How to lose 10 pounds in a week: 8 proven tips that helped me lose 10 pounds in a week
I desperately needed to lose weight for my wedding. I have lost 13 pounds in the first week and 10 pounds in the second. This is quite a short period to lose weight, and not very healthy, I know. However, this rapid weight loss success was a boost to my weight loss journey and motivated me to continue losing weight, following healthy, natural methods later on. I am going to share every step that I took in the second week that helped me lose 10 pounds in 7 days.
Keep in mind that extremely rapid weight loss is never healthy.
Here are the steps I took after the first 7 days to lose 10 pounds in a week:
1) First, I had a detox day, to cleanse my body and lose weight even faster. I made a drink of lemon juice, ginger, and honey mixed with water, and drank this detox drink throughout the day. Whenever I was hungry, I drank it. I felt good, as I normally do, no cramps, no lack of energy, nothing. This was not difficult at all and I am sure it boosted my weight loss results. I know some people do the whole week detox, but this is not for me.
2) I limited the amount of food, because I really needed to lose weight so fast. I ate a lot of vegetables, lean meat, fish, eggs, and some fruits (mainly apples and oranges). My new rule for eating was this: half the plate should be vegetables (I just tried to avoid too many potatoes), ¼ of the plate: white meat or fish, and the rest can be fruit (not bananas because they are too sweet starchy) . I know that eating less is not always an option for lasting weight loss. But surely it is an option to lose weight fast, and that was my goal. An easier way to reduce the amount of food is to get a smaller plate. However, eating less was quite difficult, I admit. But I reached my goal and now I am very happy.
3) I added 2 apples and a can of black beans to my daily diet. I either took beans as my main meal, or I split them into 2 smaller meals and ate them with veggies on the side. This is a trick that no diet counts. And it works wonders, because 35 grams of fiber in a daily diet really supercharges weight loss. These fibers cleanse the digestive tract and improve digestion.
4) I started having breakfast and stopped eating at night. 7pm was the last hour of the day that I had dinner. Breakfast boosted my metabolism and helped me burn calories faster, although I never believed it could be that important for weight loss. It also kept me energized. I get at least 10 glasses of water during the day, and I still do: the water cleanses the body, increases the metabolic rate, and keeps me from feeling hungry.
5) I distributed my usual caloric intake throughout the day. I started eating 5 times a day, with smaller meals. This way I never had to go hungry.
6) I limited fatty, sweet, and not-so-healthy foods, and whenever I felt like I needed to eat something unhealthy, I would carry those meals into the early part of the day. Because the metabolism is higher in the morning compared to the evening, and this allows me to eat a donut or ice cream once every few days.
7) Instead of drinking juice, I always ate fresh fruit. The juice is too sweet to lose weight, if you are thirsty, have some water or unsweetened green tea.
8) I stayed motivated and busy all the time. I know that when you are busy you don’t have time to go to the kitchen. This works wonders.
This plan may seem too simple to lose 10 pounds in a week, but follow this plan religiously and you will see real results.